Ivy Terra Lawn and Landscape
Houston, TX USA, Fulltime
Compensation: $50,000 to $60,000 Annually
About the Job:
The Landscape Maintenance Foreman is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks to manage the timely completion of grounds maintenance service contracts. The landscape maintenance foreman will be required to supervise a crew of laborers and operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks, as well provide daily progress reporting on job time and cost data. This is a Full-Time position.
- Plan and manage the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers in the AM and PM including all daily labor, equipment and materials required to complete daily objectives
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, lawn tractors, lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws, and snow blowers
- Train & supervise the work of crew members to ensure proper safety, quality, and productivity
- Inspect all work for quality to eliminate the need for return visits and/or re-work due to quality or customer satisfaction issues
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Assist in other job-related duties including construction projects, shop and yard maintenance, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including daily time and service record forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, requests for time off, etc.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members comply with government and company PPE standards
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the landscape/grounds maintenance industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs, complete daily reports to office and/or customers
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools, and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Have a valid TX Class D driver's license at a minimum. A Class A or B license is a bonus
- It is preferred that the candidate hold a TX DOT medical card and Hoisting License, but we may offer this training to right candidate
- Must have reliable transportation
Additional Application Instructions
Please send resume or portfolio and a short cover letter to email@example.com
Ivy Terra LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered based on skills, experience, and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military background, disability, or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions are made in accord with this policy.
©2021 Ivy Terra Limited Liability Corporation. All rights reserved | BBB accredited since 01/15/19.