Ivy Terra Lawn and Landscape
Houston, TX USA, Fulltime
Compensation based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Lead or assists in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of simple and moderately complex irrigation systems.
- Reads diagrams and blueprints to lay out and locate irrigation valves, timers, and wiring.
- Installs irrigation timers
- Installs irrigation piping and valves
- Tests completed irrigation systems for proper functioning of valves and timers
- Locates, excavates, and repairs or replaces damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Restocks irrigation vehicle to ensure supply of necessary parts and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws, statutes, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the proper care and maintenance of tools.
- Knowledge of irrigation system installation, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of use of common hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Skill in installing, maintaining, and repairing irrigation systems.
- Skill in reading engineering drawings or blueprints.
- Skill in following oral and written instructions.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- High school diploma, GED, or vocational training.
- 3 years minimum; 5 years of experience preferred.
- Specialized knowledge of horticulture, landscape maintenance and development, tree care, plant identification, plant diseases, pest and weed control, and turf management.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a group setting
- Positive attitude and highly motivated self-starter.
Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is a frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects, and perform other similar actions during the workday.
Physical requirements consist of the ability to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
Directly reports to the President, Landscape Construction Supervisor or Manager. Type: Full-time
Additional Application Instructions
Please send resume or portfolio and a short cover letter to email@example.com
Ivy Terra LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered based on skills, experience, and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military background, disability, or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions are made in accord with this policy.
©2021 Ivy Terra Limited Liability Corporation. All rights reserved | BBB accredited since 01/15/19.