Ivy Terra Lawn and Landscape
Houston, TX USA, Fulltime
Compensation: $18 to $24 Annually
- lLawn Care/ Truf Management
- Landscape Design
- Laborer/Crew Member
The Retaining Wall Builder position is responsible for operating equipment and performing labor and tasks necessary for the installation boulder retaining walls ensuring quality which meets or exceeds our customer expectations and is consistent with landscape design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates equipment (skid steer, bob cat, backhoe, etc.) necessary to build retaining walls (natural stone, boulder, etc.)
- Digs trench using excavator or hand tools
- Installs fabric and other material necessary in building retaining walls
- Shoots grades with a transit
- May install hardscape, water features, lighting and irrigation systems, wall stone, pavers, etc.
- May assist with planting as well as installation of mulch as needed.
- Loads and unloads materials and supplies (requires lifting 50 pounds or more)
- Uses hand tools such as saws, wheelbarrows, shovels, rakes, picks, etc.
- Ensures daily maintenance of tools and equipment
- Completes cleanup of work site.
- Always follows company safety policies and procedures
- 5+ years of experience in residential hardscape and masonry construction.
- Proficient in dry-laid pavers and segmental wall construction.
- Proficient in stone and brick veneer, mortared flatwork, and dry-stacked stone walls and edging.
- Must have own transportation for travel to job sites daily.
- Mechanical skills to use equipment such as mini skid steers, skid steers, and mini excavators.
- Knowledge and experience of patio construction per ICPI specifications. ICPI certification a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of retaining wall construction per NCMA specifications. NCMA certification a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of residential masonry construction required.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Work is primarily performed outdoors during all seasons
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold)
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is required for duties such as equipment operation that expose the individual to elevated noise levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel, regulatory agencies, customers, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Additional Application Instructions
Please send resume or portfolio and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivy Terra LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered based on skills, experience, and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military background, disability, or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions are made in accord with this policy.
- Valid CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) with good driving record is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with retaining walls and landscaping techniques is required; 5+ years of experience is preferred
- Previous experience with Waupun walls is preferred
- Proficient in operating equipment (loader, bobcat, skid steer, backhoe or other used in landscape installation) is required.
- Ability to read landscape plans and blueprints
- Ability to read grades and elevations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Stands and walks for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Squats, stoops, or kneels and lifts objects from ground frequently.
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body
- Consistently lifts weigh to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights to 50 pounds.
- Fine motor skills required for use of small equipment and hand tools.
- Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 5:00pm (45-60 hours per week) during our peak season (approximately April to November). Saturday hours as needed.
- Hours vary in winter months (approximately December through March)
- Overtime may be required as workload dictates
©2021 Ivy Terra Limited Liability Corporation. All rights reserved | BBB accredited since 01/15/19.